Website Anna Jaques Hospital
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Job ID: JR8967
Job Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours: 40
Work Shift: Day
The VP HRBP reports to the HR Regional VPBP Community and has a dotted line reporting relationship to Hospital President. This role is critical to BILH as it aligns HR strategy with market business plans and helps leaders implement these actions within specific hospital locations and/or Operations Division. Provides consultative support and partnership to staff and leadership on all human capital matters in partnership with the Centers of Excellence (CoEs). Works in collaboration with the CoEs to support local entity on employee engagement, workforce management, talent acquisition, performance management, talent development, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, communications, and change management. The role will have direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities for all of the HRBP and Employee Relations team members assigned to supporting local entity. Serves as a coach and mentor for these positions in the department.
1. Lead with a system mindset that embraces transformation and change.
2. Foster a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging and anti-racism.
3. Partner with the hospital president, operational and clinical leaders, and employees in his/her assigned facilities to drive critical human capital initiatives and associated business results.
4. In collaboration with the CoEs, ensure human resource initiatives and programs are executed throughout the system and all aspects of human capital in the field are align with strategic goals and objectives.
5. Provide strategic, creative, and collaborative leadership across the hospital operation.
6. Drive change management by successfully articulating the need for change in a meaningful, collaborative manner and devising influential transition plans to make change stick.
7. Promote a culture within the organization that is characterized by open, honest and direct communication, as well as a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
8. Be able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
9. Establish credibility throughout the organization with colleagues at all levels in order to be an effective listener and problem solver.
10. Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 21-50
Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. 5-8 years related work experience required in Human Resources generalist experience across multiple disciplines. and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required. Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools. Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in and across the organization. Possess knowledge of the HR functions and associated HR policies, approaches, and environmental constraints, as well as relevant HR laws and regulations. Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
Experience as a HRBP working within a multi-site system environment and working with large, widely dispersed, workforces. Labor Collective Bargaining. Workday HRM.
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled